The Top 10 Freakiest Comic Book Characters Of All Time!
Happy Halloween from all of us at Me Geek, You Geek, to all of you. To you extreme geeks, today is the only day of the year that you can put on your cosplay costumes and people won't give a second look. So have at it.
For Halloween I wanted to do a special post on the Top 10 freakiest characters of all time. So I sat down to try and realized I was inept at this task. So I asked Bart to step in. And he did. His geekiness is on full display here.
So without further ado, I turn this post over to El Barto.
Hi Folks. The criteria I used was simply this: "What comic book characters actually scare me? If I was confronted by (put character here) I would actually crap my pants. Now keep in mind, these choices have nothing to do with power levels, strength, or sheer evilness, its just a vibe I get when I read these characters....disclaimer: most of these characters are Marvel characters because, frankly, I only read Marvel.
10. Rick Jones. Yes, Rick Jones. This guy has been the sidekick of the Hulk and Captain America. He has been the alter ego of two different Captain Marvels. He has lived in Avengers Mansion. He is married to one super-hot comic chick. He has enjoyed a successful career as a rock musician in the Marvel Universe. All of this, and Rick Jones still manages to be a super-lame character. Now that's just freaky!
9. Doughboy. Yeah, I had never heard of him either. After you gave me this challenge I went through the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe. Look at the picture of this guy and you'll know why he's on the list.
7. The Headmen, or specifically "Chondu the Mystic". One look and they'll be on your list, too. Very lame premise for a super-powered group, but they do show up from time to time to hassle some pretty big-named Marvel heroes.
6. Zsasz. He's a Batman villain who may be more homicidal than the Joker. For every person he kills he gives himself one knife cut. He's got chicken-scratch scars all over his body. How many people has this guy offed? PSYCHO!
5. Thanos. Yeah, DC fans will call him a substandard Darkseid knock-off. But for me there is just something about Thanos' love of death. He actually hits on death like a young Jon-boy tries to hit on some floozie at any random bar. Creepy!
4. The Wendigo. Kind of a B-list character in the Marvel U. But, you have to know some background on this guy. The Wendigo is magical. He has power levels similar to the Hulk with a disposition more like Sabertooth. The freaky part about the Wendigo is that anyone can become one. If you become stranded in the North Woods, and you need to eat human flesh to survive, then Brotha', you just fell victim to the Wendigo curse. Cannibalism in a superhero comic? Freaky!
3. Loki. For the past 40 some odd years, Loki has been written in an almost comical way. If someone ever really tried to write his evil side, none of us would sleep for weeks. I mean, c'mon, he's the Norse God.....of Evil and Trickery!.......A God of Evil...A GOD!...of EVIL!!!
Before we go further I want to acknowledge the two freakiest comic characters on my list are not Marvel characters.....
2. Rasputin. The Hellboy Rasputin. That dude is just plain freaky. It may be the way Mignola draws, but I get shivers when I think of Rasputin from the Hellboy comics. However, in the live action movie he looks more like a funny man that should be court ordered to stay away from children.
And the NUMBER ONE freaky comic character is...
Desaad!!! Who? You know, Desaad....Darkseid's guy in charge of torture. Yeah, Darkseid's go-to guy for torture. Everyone knows how twisted Darkseid is. And to think, that guy isn't confident in his own torture abilities, and he has out-source torture.....and who does he pick? Desaad, that's who! If DC ever came to Alan Moore and said "Here's Desaad. Do what ever you want." I guarantee Congress would step in and shut down the comic book industry for good.
In fact, DC should just off the guy, because writing him as anything less than the ultimate evil kind of makes him come off as bumbling and comical. Did I mention he's in charge of TORTURE.........on APOKALYPSE.......appointed by DARKSEID.........I shutter to think what he could do if the gloves ever came off.
Runners up that would of made the list if it was longer include:
The Purple Man, Carnage, Ego the Living Planet, The Mandrill, Maximus the Mad, Psychoman, Malice, MODOK and/or MODAM, Ultron, The Shadow King, Apocalypse, Arnim Zola, Madcap and Karkas